<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, March 04, 2004

Senator Feinstein's Position on Transportation Bill 

I received the following letter from Diane Feinstein in response to sending her email in support of the Transportation Bill:

March 4, 2004





Dear [Name Withheld]:



               
Thank you for your letter expressing your views on

the Reauthorization of the Transportation Equity Act for the 21st

Century (TEA-21).  I appreciate you taking the time to write and I


welcome the opportunity to respond.



        The Senate passed the
Transportation Reauthorization Bill

(S. 1072) on February 12, 2004.  Although this bill is certainly
not

perfect, I voted in favor of it because it provides valuable funding

for California's highways and public transportation needs. 
Without

appropriate funding, I worry that California's infrastructure will not

be able to accommodate its increasing population or enable the

movement of commerce necessary to fuel the economies of both our

State and nation.  



      I am pleased that this bill increases
California's proportion of

Federal highway funds over the next six years.  In fact, the
increase

of $6 billion over six years is the largest increase of funds for

California since I have been in the Senate.  In addition, the bill


almost doubles the amount of federal dollars available for

California's public transit needs.  I hope that this additional
funding

will enable our State to better meet the needs that you and hundreds

of other Californians have outlined in your letters.   



        Again, thank you for
writing.  If you have any questions or

concerns, please do not hesitate to contact my Washington, D.C.

office at (202) 224-3841.

                      
 

                       
Sincerely yours,



                       
Dianne Feinstein

                       
United States Senator



http://feinstein.senate.gov/



Further information about my position on issues of concern to
California and the

Nation are available at my website http://feinstein.senate.gov/
You can also

receive electronic e-mail updates by subscribing to my e-mail list at

http://feinstein.senate.gov/issue.html.
Comments: Post a Comment